Letter of Introduction

Imon Singha

945A Herkimer St

Brooklyn, NY, 11233

02/03/2018

Professor Nancy Clark

160 Convent Ave

New York, NY 10031

Dear Professor Clark,

I am writing this letter to give you an introduction to myself and my career. My name is Imon Singha. I am studying computer science here in CCNY and I am in the second semester of my freshman year.

What are my goals? I moved to New York from Bangladesh in 2013, without knowing little to no English. But I believed in myself that I can do it, that I can learn English and attend college. Which did happen at the end because I pushed myself to do better. I want to graduate college as a computer science major with that same confidence. In addition, from this class, I want to build up my writing skills because I believe that is my biggest weakness. I always struggle when it comes to writing due to grammar and punctuation error. Furthermore, I want to get an internship in the field of computer science. Not only it will strengthen my coding skills, also it will help me to gain social skills, as I am going to do projects with different students.

When I look forward to my future, I see myself working at Google or Microsoft as a software developer. If you ask me about my what I plan to make as a software developer, I would say I am still learning the basic concept, and I am not quite sure about what I will build.  In addition to my professional life, I plan to buy my mom a house. My mom always wanted to live in her own house, where she can have her own backyard to grow vegetable and I want to be the one to fulfill her wish.

I also have some personal goals to prepare me for my career goals. First and foremost, I plan to push myself to do better, even if I fail. I noticed that it’s the best way to learn. In addition, if I fail at something instead of giving up, I will find my error and fix it. Secondly, I plan to try my best to focus on every single class. Even if the lecture is boring and I feel exhausted, I want to get something out of it. One of the most important aspects of being able to stay focus is eating healthy. If we don’t eat healthily, it can lead to sickness or tiredness, then we won’t be able to push forward for the things we desire. Last but not least I plan to take care of myself all the time.

By taking care of myself, I can keep myself ready for any obstacle and break through it.

Sincerely,

Imon Singha